April 5, 2016
March 28, 2016
The Edmands lab in the Biological Sciences Department at USC is looking to recruit one or two work study students for summer 2016. Duties would include general lab maintenance, upkeep of zooplankton and phytoplankton cultures, assistance with multi-generation animal breeding experiments and assistance with DNA analyses. Applicants must be eligible for federal work-study and must submit a summer work-study application (completed by both the student and the employer) by March 31, 2016. Schedule is flexible (10-20 hours per week) and you do not need to be enrolled in summer classes. If interested, please contact Suzanne Edmands (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
February 24, 2016
Live, Learn and Earn on Catalina Island!
June 20-August 11, 2016 (8 weeks)
- Aquaponics intern
- Computer Science intern
- Cinema/Animation/Multimedia intern
What’s in it for you?
- Work alongside a dynamic team of scientists and educators
- Live and eat for free at the USC Wrigley Marine Science Center on Catalina Island!
- Get paid $3,200!
More information can be found at: http://dornsife.usc.edu/wrigley/undergraduateinterns/
February 23, 2016
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) in Coastal Ocean Processes with the USC Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies (funded by the National Science Foundation)
- Conduct independent but guided research at the USC Wrigley Marine Science Center on Catalina Island (mentored by research faculty)
- Program dates: June 5 – August 13, 2016 (10 weeks)
- Includes stipend ($500/wk), housing and meals at Catalina Island, travel from host institution
- Possible research topics include: oceanography, ecology, microbial diversity, behavioral ecology, fish ecology
- Receive professional development and training opportunities
For more information and the application, please visit http://dornsife.usc.edu/wrigley/reu/.
Application deadline: February 15, 2016