May 12, 2015
The Louise Kerckhoff Prize has been established for the purpose of awarding annual prizes for the best graduate and undergraduate papers in Gender Studies. Prizes of $200 for graduate students and $100 for undergraduates will be awarded; up to two awards will be made in each category.
Papers may have been written for classes in any school or department at the University of Southern California but should deal with subjects that are the focus of the USC Gender Studies Program: women’s studies, men’s studies, gay/lesbian studies, or the theoretical study of gender. Papers may have been written for course work or as part of a thesis or dissertation.
Undergraduates: If the paper was written for a class, consult the professor regarding revisions before submitting it for prize consideration. Carefully proofread the paper. The paper should be no more than 20 pages in length. All papers should have been written during the 2014-2015 academic year.
Graduate Students: A chapter from a thesis or dissertation (either in progress or approved within the last 12 months) may be submitted. It should be no longer than 30 pages and should be accompanied by a one- to three-page abstract of the full thesis or dissertation. Do not send the full thesis or dissertation. All submissions should come from the 2014-2015 academic year.
DEADLINE: June 1, 2015
To submit a paper:
- Please send the paper to email@example.com as a pdf document.
- Include author’s name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address on the pdf document.
- If the paper was written for a class, the name and number of the class and the name and department of the instructor should be included on the pdf document.
- If the paper is part of a thesis or dissertation, the name of the department, the faculty advisor, and the graduate committee members should be included on the pdf document.
- A letter from a faculty member assessing the value of the paper would be helpful but is not required. (Letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Questions? Please contact Jeanne in the Gender Studies office, email@example.com, tel: 213-740-2792