Graphic Design Student Associate Position – USC Career Center
June 27, 2014
Have Work-Study? Work For Us!
Title: Graphic Design Student Associate
Department: USC Career Center
Location: Student Union, Room 110
Employment Type: Part-Time, Work-study
Time Commitment: minimum of 8 hours per week (10 hours/week maximum) between the hours of 8:30am-5:00pm,
Description: The USC Career Center Marketing and Events department is seeking a talented and organized Graphic Design
Student Assistant to join its team. The Graphic Design Student Assistant will:
- Create promotional materials for various Career Center events and services
- Design programs, brochures, certificates, posters, flyers, etc.
- Design and proof artwork, display materials, and copy layouts
- Assist with logo modification and design
- Design merchandise logos/artwork
- Provide Front-end design of website pages, banners, etc.
- Help with miscellaneous Career Center needs including:
- Assisting Career Center customers (students, parents, alumni, and recruiters) with career related and on campus recruitment related questions
- General office/front desk work, including answering phones, filing, mail sorting, copy, running errands on campus
- Learn how to use connectSC, our premier jobs and internships portal
- Assist with other projects as assigned
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at USC with Work-Study award
- Excellent customer service skills, highly motivated, reliable, and hard working with a great attitude
- Interest in or experience with graphic design, website design, etc.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Creative self-starter who also takes direction well
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus but not required
- Basic animation and video compositing experience a plus but not required
Apply: Email application packet consisting of your resume, 3 samples of your design work, 2014-2015 work-study allotment, and days and hours available to work (must be available to work between 8-10 hours/week) to Erin Jebavy at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: August 25, 2014
For more information on the Career Center: http://careers.usc.edu%5D