Greetings from Overseas Studies!
Please find study abroad reminders and announcements below. Our Overseas Studies Team is here to support you throughout the study abroad process so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS
We have just added two more information sessions for next week. Be sure to join us!
- USC Madrid Program Info Session
Wednesday, February 11th 3:00-4:00, VKC 111
- USC Paris Program Info Session
Wednesday, February 11th 4:00-5:00, VKC 111
Applications for Fall 2015/Academic Year 15-16 study abroad programs are due soon. Please see our Apply section for more information on the application process. Application deadlines are listed below:
- February 18th: All Dornsife Semester Programs
- February 25th: USC Paris & USC Madrid
NEW & HIGHLIGHTED PROGRAMS
- MAASTRICHT, THE NETHERLANDS: Starting Fall 2015, USC students can study at the Maastricht University, an international university that offers a wide range of courses in English and student-centered, problem-based learning. For more information.
- DUBLIN, IRELAND: Starting Fall 2015, Economics, English, Philosophy and History majors can study at the prestigious Trinity College Dublin in Ireland’s capital city. For more information.
- BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA: In addition to hundreds of courses for a wide range of majors, the University of Queensland offers the unique opportunity for Psychology students to conduct research through the Psychology Research Practicum. For more information.
- USC PARIS: Spend the semester studying on our signature USC Paris program and enjoy four months of fascinating classes, exciting excursions and daily life in the unforgettable City of Lights. For more information.
- USC MADRID: With both intermediate and advanced Spanish options, our signature USC Madrid Program is an amazing way to spend the semester improving your Spanish, engaging with local madrileños and exploring the cultural and political capital of Spain. For more information.
Interested in studying abroad and have questions? Visit THH 341 for:
- Drop-in Advising: Monday-Friday, January 12 through February 13 from 11:00-2:00
- Meet with a Study Abroad Ambassador: Mondays & Wednesdays 10:00-11:00 & 2:00-3:00, Thursdays 2:00-3:00 Chat with one of our study abroad Ambassadors about their experiences abroad!
Our advisors are also available for appointments. Please call our main office: (213) 740-3636 to schedule a meeting.
NEED MONEY TO STUDY ABROAD?
Contrary to popular opinion, studying abroad for a semester will not break the bank. Financial aid travels with you and program costs are often comparable to staying here in L.A. Plus, there are a lot of scholarships available! For a full list of scholarships, refer to the scholarship page of our website and also be sure to read our information on costs.
Please note that the Gilman Scholarship application for summer 2015 and fall/academic year 2015-2016 programs to study or intern abroad is now open. The deadline to submit an application is March 3, 2015. Find more information via the Gilman website: http://www.iie.org/programs/gilman-scholarship-program
Want to stay up-to-date on study abroad-related events and information? Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/USCOverseasStudies
See you soon!
The Overseas Studies Team