January 29, 2015
What you’ll gain:
- Lasting impact in the community! Workshop participants will build aquaponics systems that will be donated to:
- Community Services Unlimited- a grassroots non-profit that sets up urban farms in South LA to provide residents with fresh organic produce
- The USC Urban Garden- part of the USC Sustainability Network
- Knowledge and resources to help you build your own aquaponics system at home
- Networking opportunities with LA environmental organizations and community
- Eligibility to apply for future paid internships to build aquaponics systems with the Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies, at Catalina Island and/or local K-12 schools
Included: Breakfast and lunch every day, materials and tools, transportation for afternoon field trip to other aquaponics systems around the city.
Optional: pre-workshop day trip to the Wrigley Marine Science Center on Catalina Island (March 17)
Program cost: $75 (Non-refundable)
Space is limited to the first 15 students who register. REGISTER TODAY!