December 5, 2013
I am writing to inform you of the internship opportunities available to college students in Congressman Becerra’s district office in Los Angeles. Although unpaid, interns walk away from their experience with a wealth of knowledge about how our nation’s political system works.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to work as part of a team and under pressure are essential.
Interns are given key roles in the following departments of Congressman Becerra’s district office:
· Constituent Casework – helping constituents resolve problems with federal agencies such as Social Security, Veterans Affairs and Immigration.
· Field – assist field deputies to address issues affecting residents of California’s 34th Congressional District and represent the Congressman at various community events and meetings.
· Legislative Research – research, analyze and provide briefs on the status and content of various House bills. Assist the district staff to produce talking points for the Congressman on numerous local and federal issues.
· Constituent Outreach – assist in planning and executing “Coffee with your Congressman” town hall meetings and other events throughout Los Angeles.
· Administrative – support the district office’s service to constituents by answering phones, fielding constituent inquiries, filing, mailing and sorting.
To apply simply go to our website www.becerra.house.gov and fill out the Congressional Internship Application form, attach your personal statement and resume and submit it to our office.
The deadline to apply is December 27, 2013.
Rachel Gonzaga | Staff Assistant
Chairman of the House Democratic Caucus
213-481-1425 (p) | 213-481-1427 (f)
Please note our new address:
350 South Bixel Street, Suite 120
Los Angeles, CA 90017