August 26, 2014
Joint Educational Project (JEP)– YOUNG SCIENTISTS PROGRAM
YSP Teaching Assistant
JEP is searching for two undergraduate students pursuing degrees in the sciences with at least one year to commit to the Young Scientists Program (YSP). The YSP Teaching Assistants will be placed at five elementary schools in our immediate USC community to teach hands-on science lessons that will support teachers and students in science education.
This position requires:
- An interest in science education;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong organization skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities;
- A self-starter, able to take initiative and work independently;
- 5 hours per week available to dedicate to the position (pay rate $10/hour);
- Attendance at regular staff meetings.
Job responsibilities include:
- Presenting meaningful, hands-on science lessons that will be implemented in the at assigned school;
- Organizing and maintaining the Science Lab Materials at the school;
- Assisting classroom teachers and students with science activities to promote the development of science education;
- Other responsibilities which match specific program needs.
To apply, contact Tina Koneazny:
Deadline to apply: Friday, September 5th, 2014