Phi Kappa Phi Student Recognition Awards Program
November 14, 2012
The Phi Kappa Phi All-University Honor Society is pleased to announce our 30th annual Phi Kappa Phi Student Recognition Awards Program for 2012-13, which recognizes outstanding artistic and academic works by undergraduate and graduate students during the previous year. Four awards of $500 each will be presented at the USC Annual Academic Honors Convocation in April.
The following are the criteria for eligibility:
1. Students must be currently registered in classes at USC. Proof of registration is required.
2. Former student winners may not submit works in the year immediately following the receipt of an award. Only one submission per applicant may be entered annually.
3. Students may submit materials from any USC school or department, in any discipline, genre, or medium.
4. Submissions must be complete, original compositions, not excerpts or performances. If a submission contains more than a single work, they should be from the same genre.
5. Research papers, theses, or creative works may be submitted if they are of a quality exceeding the requirements and/or standards of regular course work.
6. If more than one person has contributed to the submission, the nature and extent of each contributor’s role must be clarified.
7. Each submission must be endorsed for originality and authenticity by a faculty member who is familiar with the student’s work.
8. A 500-word abstract should accompany the work. The abstract should describe the work, explain why or how it came to be produced, outline its contribution to the field, and/or establish its originality.
The deadline for submission is Monday, November 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm. See entry form (attached). Completed entries should be submitted to the Interdisciplinary Studies Program in CAS 200. If you have questions about the Phi Kappa Phi Student Recognition Program, please contact email@example.com.