Part Time Job Announcement–Youth Program Coordinator
February 27, 2012
Job Description: Youth Program Coordinator – El Centro de Accion Social – Pasadena (Washington Middle School & John Muir High School)
Job Summary: The Youth Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the overall management, on site tutoring, and supervision of El Centro de Accion Social’s youth education programs located at Washington Middle School and John Muir High School.
The Youth Program Coordinator will ensure programmatic effectiveness and efficient implementation of academic services for students that live in Altadena/Pasadena (Pasadena Unified School District) and are part of El Centro’s programs. El Centro’s Youth Programs specifically helps students who want to academically succeed. El Centro’s programs help students to prepare and apply to enter a community college or university.
Program areas of responsibility include El Centro’s Youth Education Program at John Muir High School, El Centro’s Youth Education Program at Washington Middle School. This is a part time position.
* In conjunction with Executive Director, identifies evolving student needs and oversees and leads the development, implementation, management, and evaluation of new services and programs for students at John Muir High School and Washington Middle School.
* Monitors and evaluates on-going education programs and implements measures for improvement, if needed. Supervises program tutors and volunteers to ensure that quality services and effective academic help are being delivered to students.
* Promotes strong staff morale and encourages healthy teamwork approach. Identifies and assists in developing substantive and skills-based training and growth opportunities for program tutors/volunteers; oversees training and development needs of all program tutors/volunteers.
* Deals with parent issues and establishes parent meetings to assess students’ academic and personal growth. Maintains a positive relationship and communication with school staff.
Helps to identify and builds coalitions to provide more services and help to students/youth.
* Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
* Undergraduate degree in relevant field (education, social work, or the social sciences) strongly preferred. Extensive knowledge of the issues affecting immigrants and familiarity with the needs of low income students.
* Strong planning, organizational, and multi-tasking skills required. Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills required including the ability to develop, implement and inspire others to share El Centro’s mission and vision for students and parents living in Pasadena/Altadena; ability to work as a leading member of multiple teams and to facilitate team building in the process; ability to effectively supervise tutors/volunteers.
* Excellent communication skills including excellent written and verbal skills (Spanish and English languages) and knowledge of science, math, history, and other subjects. Fluency in the Spanish and English languages strongly preferred.
* Commitment to the mission and goals of El Centro de Accion Social.
El Centro de Accion Social web site: www.elcentropasadena.org
Please e-mail resume to Randy Jurado Ertll at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 626-792-3084.